1. Devil in the White City, by Erik Larson.
2. I Capture the Castle, by Dodie Smith.
3. Rebecca, by Daphne du Maurier.
4. The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck.
5. The Brothers Karamazov, by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
6. The Portable James Joyce
7. Anna Karenina, by Leo Tolstoy.
All rather heavy and/or depressing stories, I’ve only just realized, but I look forward to reading them in the coming months.
ETA — I apologize for not being more active on this blog. I’m hunting down new employment opportunities on top of prepping for Nanowrimo, which means less time to write (or read or do anything else really). But I am working on a Book Notes post for my latest read, and I promise to get that out soonish.